Ken Broda-Bahm PhD is a nationally known litigation consultant. His excellent article “The Better Teacher: Be an Expert at Testifying and Not Just a Testifying Expert” appears in the February 2013 issue of PersuasionStrategies.com.
Dr. Broda-Bahm recommends an effective expert witness needs to:
- Convey the need for the expert opinion
- Show why your analysis is better than the analysis of a competing expert
- Fight back when your conclusions or methods are challenged
- Focus on how and not simply why
- Start with what you can show, then work back to what you can tell
- Emphasize your teaching ability as much as you emphasize your expertise
Ken Broda-Bahm, PhD, recently spoke at the SEAK 22nd Annual National Expert Witness Conference.
Write a Reply or Comment